SCCM Rules of Conduct
Thank you for being a part of the Society of Critical Care Medicine COVID-19 Discussion site (the “Site”). To ensure a positive experience for all, we offer these basic rules and guidelines.
General Acknowledgment. As a member of this Discourse site, you acknowledge and understand that all information, data, text, software, sound, photographs, graphics, videos, messages, or other materials (the “Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person from whom the Content originated. This means that you, not SCCM or its representatives, are entirely responsible for the Content that you upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available via the Site. SCCM and its representatives do not control the Content posted and, as such, do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of the Content.
Member Conduct. As a member of the Site, you agree not to use the Site for the following:
- Upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, causing invasion of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially or ethnically objectionable
- Harm minors in any way
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent one’s affiliation with a person or entity
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Site
- Upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements)
- Upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party
- Upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” or “pyramid schemes”
- Upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment
- Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to “scroll” faster than other users of the Site are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges
- Interfere with or disrupt the Site or servers or networks connected to the Site
- Intentionally violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law, regulation, or standard
- Collect or store personal data about any other user of the Site
Removal of Content. While SCCM and its representatives do not pre-screen any uploaded, posted, and/or transmitted Content, SCCM and its representatives reserve the right, but not the obligation, in their sole discretion, to remove any Content that violates the Terms and Conditions.
General Rules of Conduct.
- Do not attack others. The discussions on the Site are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Let others have their say just as you may have your say.
- Do not post commercial messages. Contact people directly, outside of the Site, with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Posts should not contain promotional material, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. SCCM reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on any platform is available for all to see, and comments are subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited and will be removed, and your account may be suspended or terminated.
- Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Use your authentic voice and be honest about who you are.
- Clarify that your opinions are your own.
- Use good judgment in sharing only public information.
- Violation of These Rules. In the event that one of these Rules or any of the Terms and Conditions of the Site are violated, SCCM reserves the right to suspend or remove an account. When unsure whether content is consistent with the Terms and Conditions or these Rules, please err on the side of caution and do not post the content on the Site. If there are any questions on what content is appropriate to post, please contact email@example.com